Mellanox Delivers Spectrum-3 Based Ethernet Switches - First 12.8 Tbps Networking Platforms Optimized for Cloud, Storage, and AI
World’s most scalable, agile and flexible 100/200/400GbE 12.8 Tbps switch enables a new generation of efficient data centers
Spectrum-3 supports unprecedented scale, tunneling, and network virtualization capabilities with its advanced FlexFlow™ packet processing technology and WJH™ (What Just Happened) based real-time telemetry. Spectrum-3 is ideal for building massive, high performance layer-2 and layer-3 fabrics, for both virtualized and non-virtualized use cases.
- Up to 128 ports of 100GbE, 64 ports of 200GbE or 32 ports of 400GbE
- Up to 200,000 NAT entries, and 1 Million on-chip routes
- Fully shared packet buffer to maximize burst absorption and deliver fair bandwidth sharing
- RoCE-Ready one-click configuration with hardware-accelerated, end-to-end congestion management to simplify networking for storage, AI, and big data workloads
- FlexFlow™ programmable pipeline which delivers rich network processing capabilities at an unprecedented scale
- WJH™ based granular telemetry to simplify network operations and dramatically reduce mean time to issue resolution
- Simultaneous NRZ and PAM4 port speeds allowing flexible configurations
- Dual stack IPV4 and IPV6 protocol operation
- Support for overlay protocols including EVPN, VXLAN-GPE, MPLS-over-GRE/UDP, NSH, NVGRE, MPLS/IPv6 based Segment routing and more
- Flowlet-based adaptive routing maximizes performance and network utilization for layer-3 fabrics with high cross-sectional bandwidth
- Support for customer-defined, on-switch, containerized microservices with complete SDK access to host management, orchestration, and telemetry applications.
“Spectrum-3 offers better performance, more advanced features, and easier management than any other 12.8 terabit switch,” said
“Over the last several years, with the Spectrum and Spectrum-2 product lines,
“Mellanox and Cumulus have been collaborating for over five years to help our data center customers build agile, high performance and highly-automated infrastructure using Linux,” said
Spectrum-3 is the latest addition to a broad portfolio of software and hardware products based on Ethernet Cloud Fabric (ECF) technology and is backward-compatible with earlier Spectrum models at an SDK level. Like other switches in the Spectrum family, Spectrum-3 is ONIE bootable and supports a wide choice of open Network Operating Systems (NOS) including Mellanox Onyx, DENT, SONiC, and Cumulus. Customers can enjoy higher performance and scale while continuing to use a consistent software model.
- Learn more about Spectrum-3
- Learn more about Mellanox Spectrum Switches
Mellanoxon Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube
Zonic Public Relations
+1 (925) 413-5327
Israel PR Contact